It’s only one game, but every team that lost 1-0 in their streak is feeling the pressure.
Stay tuned throughout the day for our preview and playthrough on Nucks Misconduct, but for now, here’s your daily summary of the news.
- The Canucks social media team found themselves in hot water after posting a tweet with “Justice for George Floyd” mentioned in a graphic. [CTV]
It sparked a social media firestorm on Sunday night when it exited, but Canucks and social media squad member Derek Jory responded quickly.
The Tweet had good intentions, but it was clearly short-sighted and callous. They deleted it, apologized, it’s time to move on.
- Okay, now the Canucks need a win tonight. From a coaching standpoint, some line-up adjustments will likely need to be made. Harman Dayal is giving his two cents on some changes Travis Green might make to this paywall site. [The Athletic]
- Or, you can follow my free advice from The Quickie podcast … [Nucks Misconduct]
- Speaking of podcasts on the Nucks Misconduct network, host Nick Bondi just released another episode of Towel power this morning. Former Canucks goalie Eddie Lack was the last guest to participate in the program. [Nucks Misconduct]
- One last podcast promotion here. Over the weekend, Kyle Bhawan released an episode of Sipping a 40, featuring some of Nucks Misconduct’s writers including Bailey Chambers, Kent Basky, Markus Meyer and Nick Bondi. Meet our team and go discover it! [Nucks Misconduct]
- From the inter-web, Daniel Wagner writes about how the Canucks’ high-priced penalty killers are hurting the team. [Daily Hive]
- Good on the Stars and Golden knights for kneeling yesterday for both hymns. [Sportsnet]
- the Montreal Canadiens, and their fans, were not happy with the English-only version of O Canada. [CTV]
- McDavid was doing McDavid things last night to help the Oilers link their series.
- Nik Ehlers scored his first playoff goal in his 23rd playoff game to help the exhausted Jets tie their series with Calgary.
Okay, there are six hockey games today, and they’re all best of five. Stanley cup qualifiers.
Thanks for reading and watching!