If you’ve enjoyed all that Minecraft Dungeons has to offer, today will be a good day. Mojang Studios is officially releases Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths DLC today, which adds a wide array of additional content for gamers to enjoy in this co-op action-RPG adventure. The Hidden Depths DLC for Minecraft Dungeons is the fifth premium expansion of the Minecraft spin-off from Mojang Studios and is now available for Minecraft Dungeons on Xbox Series X, Xbox Series S, Xbox One, PC, PS5, PS4 and Switch.
Hidden Depths includes three new levels that take place underwater, creating dynamic and beautiful environments for players to explore. Going underwater also presents some unique challenges, such as changes in the physics of arrows and arrows, oxygen levels, and more. On top of that, players will also have to overcome hordes of new types of monsters, including Guardians, Drowned, and additional variations of existing monsters like Sunken Skeletons. Players won’t do it for nothing, as Mojang Studios has added a bunch of powerful gear for you to discover and experience.
Players can purchase the Hidden Depths DLC for Minecraft Dungeons by itself, or you can get the Minecraft Dungeons Season Pass and get the Hidden Depths DLC in addition to Howling Peaks and Flames of the Nether. Either way, you will get the adorable baby turtle cosmetic pet!
There is something here for everyone, however. Minecraft Dungeons is also rolling out a completely free update alongside Hidden Depths, which will add new enchantments, balance changes, and bug fixes, as well as a whole new feature with Raid Captains! These mighty monsters are scattered around the world of Minecraft dungeons, and defeating them will make anything on that level more powerful. If you are successful, however, you will earn some super powerful loot.
Finally, the Minecraft Dungeon Anniversary Event kicks off today, with plenty of seasonal challenges and trials for players. Coming victorious in these trials earns you exclusive gear, including new armor, melee weapon, bow, and cosmetic cloak, all celebrating a year of Minecraft Dungeons.
Minecraft Dungeons and the free update for Hidden Depths are included in Xbox Game Pass for Xbox, PC, and Xbox Cloud Gaming. If you want to fully enjoy the Hidden Depths experience, get yourself the premium DLC or the Minecraft Dungeons Season Pass. You can also play with a friend who owns Hidden Depths to access all of its content.
In case you’ve been hesitant to give Minecraft Dungeons a try, it’s one of our favorites and one of the best Xbox games around.
The full changelog for Minecraft Dungeons Hidden Depths DLC and patch 220.127.116.11 update includes:
Hidden Depths DLC
- Three new submarine missions
- A mix of new salty monsters and enemies
- New weapons, equipment and artifacts
- Two new skins and a Baby Turtle pet
Anchor (melee) Inlaid Anchor (unique melee) Bubble Bow (ranged) Bubble Blast (single ranged) Coral Blade (melee) Sponge Striker (unique melee) Harpoon Crossbow (ranged) Robust Harpoon (ranged) unique)
- Squid armor
- Glowing Squid Armor (Unique)
- Turtle armor
- Agile Turtle Armor (Unique)
- Eye of the Guardian
- Harpoon quiver
- Satchel of elixirs
- Snack bag
- Taking out these dangerous enemies will immediately change the way you play. Defeat them and they’ll drop one of two tokens: one that instantly increases the threat level of the mission, and another that adds a rule modifier to your current mission.
- Survive the mission with tokens in tow and you will earn the Raid Captain’s Bounty, a special reward at the end of the mission. Look out for these Raid Captains to add a new level of challenge and rewards to your missions!
- Guard Strike (Melee)
- Luck of the sea (armor)
- Multi-charge (remote)
- Refreshment (distance and melee)
- Rush (armor)
Turn off screen shake
- Added a toggle to accessibility settings that allows gamers to turn screen shaking on or off
- 10 new achievements / trophies to unlock during your adventures
- Fixed several crashes that could occur during gameplay
- Local co-op can now be played on PlayStation 4 without having to sign in to a Microsoft account
- Fixed the number of enchanted monsters or mini bosses killed not updating correctly for Merchant progression and Achievement progression
- Poison damage now scales with item power
- Pets summoned by artifacts can no longer destroy cluster mines.
- Sounds of the Iron Golem can no longer be heard after the Golem dies
- Fixed Heart of Ender’s spinning attack only appearing for these hosts during online co-op
- Fixed arrows in Flaming Quiver and Thundering Quiver dealing instant damage when deflected by a crowd with the deflection enchantment
- Fixed some antivirus software that prevented progress from being saved
- Powershaker’s explosion no longer blocks arrows from other players
- Secret locations no longer use placeholder storytelling when completing missions
- Fixed a risk that players would get stuck in the cage after being killed on Underhalls
- Players can no longer use Return to Checkpoint when downed
- Remove unnecessary sound effects from Download Hero screen
- Fixed enemy arrows not damaging bees
- Fixed TNT collisions on falling blocks, doors and Geomancer walls
- The “ Subtitles ” option in accessibility settings now has an appropriate toggle like the other options
- Fixed Weeping Vine Bow, Bone Club, Living Vine Armor, and Golden Pig Armor not having unique shimmering sounds when dropped during play
- Fixed the environmental protection armor property not properly reducing damage when heavy duty climbing gear was equipped
- Fixed the Key Golem falling through the ground on the Desert Temple
- Fixed players seen as holding both melee and ranged weapons on the inventory screen
- Increased artifact icon spacing on Upload / Download Hero screens when playing on Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Fixed overlapping touch controls and effect counter on HUD when playing on Xbox Cloud Gaming
- Fixed mobs being thrown into the air after being killed by the Fire Trail enchantment
- Chat wheel messages can now be selected using the D-Pad
- The daily ordeal modifier “ 50% of melee creatures have debuff enchantment ” is no longer applied to ranged creatures.
- Artifact Charge no longer triggers after picking up a consumable item.
- Improved readability of the focus indicator on the friends list using both outline and background highlighting
- Players may receive the “ Unable to verify game ownership ” error message during mission matches
- The Ancient Guardian’s fight cannot begin on the Abyss Monument.
- Disconnecting the Internet before completing the mission locks the game
- Conduits cannot be retrieved by other players if the client who held the conduit has left the session
Update May 26, 2021, 2:20 p.m. PT – The official changelog for the Hidden Depths DLC and patch 18.104.22.168 update is here
Mojang Studios officially released the changelog for Hidden Depths DLC and patch 22.214.171.124 update for Minecraft Dungeons, and we’ve added the full list of bug fixes, features, and changes above. There are also a few known issues to keep in mind. To get specific features of the Hidden Depths DLC, players will need to either purchase the DLC or play with a friend who owns it. However, all bug fixes and patch update features are available to all players on all platforms.
The next era of dungeons
Minecraft Dungeon Season Pass
Explore new worlds in Minecraft dungeons.
It’s been a busy first year for Minecraft Dungeons, and now the Minecraft spin-off, which explores ARPG dungeons, looks to its future, with four new expansions planned. The first three expansions, Howling Peaks, Flames of the Nether, and Hidden Depths are now available, and players can claim the Season Pass to access the fourth as soon as it launches.
We can earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.