Ted Treece, 31, of High Ridge was arrested Thursday evening (August 26), two days after he allegedly attacked a man with a machete at a gas station. Treece was found around 6:45 p.m., sleeping on a couch in a vacant house in the 10,000 block of East Brook Road next to the freeway. WW to Dittmer, the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office reported.

The Jefferson County District Attorney’s Office charged Treece on Wednesday Aug. 25 with first degree assault, a Class B felony punishable by five to 15 years in prison, and armed criminal action, an unclassified felony that results in a sentence of at least three years in prison.

Treece was being held without bond today (August 27) in the Jefferson County Jail.

The alleged assault happened around 2:55 p.m. Tuesday (August 24) after Treece, who was shirtless and wearing a bandana over his face and a machete, entered the Quick Stop at 2915 High Ridge Blvd., a reported the sheriff’s office.

CCTV reportedly showed Treece approaching a man playing a video game inside the convenience store. The two men, who apparently know each other, started arguing. Next, Treece allegedly hit the other man with the machete blade, leaving the man with a cut on his cheek, according to the probable cause statement in the case.

The victim got off a chair and threw something at Treece, and the two continued to argue. The victim appeared to throw a glass bottle at Treece, and then the two began to fight. The alleged victim took Treece in a headlock and appeared to smash a bottle over his head, according to the report.

The two fell and continued to fight before Treece left the store. The deputies recovered the machete from the convenience store, according to the report.

CCTV also appeared to show Treece was bleeding from his head as he left the store. Then he would get into a red Dodge Challenger and drive away from the gas station on High Ridge Boulevard to the freeway. PP to the highway. 30 towards House Springs before taking the freeway. MM, the sheriff’s office reported.

An MP spotted the Challenger on the freeway and began to follow it, although MPs did not start chasing the car, which skidded a North West R-1 school district bus on the freeway . MM. The bus had 34 students and the driver inside at the time, according to the report.

Chuck McPherson, Northwest’s communications and community relations coordinator, said students at Valley Middle School and Northwest High School were on the bus when it was hit. He said the students and the driver were not injured in the crash, which caused minimal damage to the bus.

Treece lost control of the Challenger near Heads Creek Road and the car struck a tree. He then ran into a wooded area, the sheriff’s office reported.

MPs searched the area with police dogs until around 5:45 p.m. Tuesday before stopping the manhunt. Since the sheriff’s office identified the suspect as Treece, no full-scale search has been resumed the next morning, spokesman Grant Bissell said.

He said it is not known why the two men argued and fought inside the convenience store.

Treece had previously been convicted of several crimes.

He was on probation for shooting an acquaintance with a crossbow and assault rifle in 2018, court records show. In July of that year, he clashed with an acquaintance in the 4700 block of Wedgewood Drive in House Springs after accusing the man of putting sugar in his vehicle’s gas tank, according to the probable cause statement. in the case.

On August 18, 2018, Treece attempted to retrieve the ammunition and arrows MPs seized from his vehicle after the confrontation in July, but was told the property could not be released. He then became argumentative with the evidence officer, according to the probable cause statement.

Treece was arrested on August 22, 2018 in Colombia after leading police in a chase after he fled from them and crashed his car on I-70 near Lake of the Woods, a reported the police.

In September 2019, he pleaded guilty to illegal use of a weapon and was sentenced to three years in prison, but Jefferson County Div. 2 Circuit judge Darrell E. Missey has suspended the sentence and placed Treece on probation for years of fire, court records show.

The July 2018 incident occurred days after his father, Steve Earnest Treece, shot dead his mother, Donna Treece, in their Cedar Hill Lakes home.

In March, a jury found Steve Treece guilty of first degree murder and the following month he was sentenced to life without parole.

About The Author

Related Posts