Charles County Public Schools (CCPS) hosted their 2021 College Archery Tournament on November 19 at Milton M. Somers College. Archers from the county’s public colleges participated, divided by grade level into teams of boys and girls. The best boys and girls archers by level were recognized, as well as all the teams.
- Rylie Rich, sixth grade, Piccowaxen Middle School, 139 points.
- Chandler Robinson, sixth grade, Matthew Henson Middle School, 144 points.
- Aubriana Harrington, seventh year, Henson, 133 points.
- Colton Scott, seventh year, Henson, 104 points.
- Devin Embrey, eighth grade, Henson, 104 points.
- Mason Truesdell, eighth grade, Piccowaxen, 160 points.
Team winners are also chosen at each grade level. The following teams won first, second or third place:
Sixth grade girls:
- Theodore G. Davis, first place, 199 points.
- Henson, second place, 187 points.
- Piccowaxen, third place, 182 points.
Sixth grade boys:
- Piccowaxen, first place, 272 points.
- Henson, second place, 225 points.
- Davis, third place, 150 points.
Seventh grade girls:
- Henson, first place, 244 points.
- Somers, second year, 155 points.
- Davis, third, 137 points.
Seventh grade boys:
- Somers, first place, 186 points.
- Henson, second place, 179 points.
- Davis, third, 149 points.
Eighth grade girls:
- Henson, first place, 182 points.
- Davis, second place, 162 points.
- Piccowaxen, third place, 157 points.
Eighth grade boys:
- Piccowaxen, first place, 304 points.
- Davis, second place, 253 points.
- Henson, third, 244 points.
Grand team totals:
- Henson, 1261 points.
- Piccowaxen, 1,137 points.
- Davis, 1050 points.
- Somers, 891 points.
- Smallwood, 400 points.
- Mattawoman, 310 points.